제목42권 1호 Language performance and cognitive function in persons with nondominant-hemispheric stroke
작성자성희 전조회수20날짜2018/07/16
첨부파일 40483_2015_22_OnlinePDF_39_49.pdf

Abstract

This study investigated the relationship between language performance and cognitive function in stroke patients after nondominant hemisphere damage. The results of a battery of formal language tests, K-WAB, of seventy-eight patients were analyzed. The correlation between their K-WAB and K-MMSE scores was analyzed. Multivariate analysis of covariance adjusting for educational years in each of K-WAB and K-MMSE was conducted in accordance with the brain lesion location. Only 35.9 % of patients were classified as normal and the remaining 64.1 % were categorized as subnormal by K-WAB. There was a positive correlation between their language and cognitive functions. Outcomes differed according to lesion location, as the SAH group exhibited a significantly lower performance in both language and cognitive evaluations than the other groups. Cognitivecommunicative disorders in stroke patients with nondominant-hemispheric lesions present in different ways. In-depth language evaluation of all brain-damaged patients should be conducted so that language defects of patients are not ignored.

Keywords

Nondominant-hemispheric stroke, Cognitive function, Language performance, Cognitive-communication disorder

40483_2015_22_OnlinePDF_39_49

이전글42권 1호 The industrial production index of Japan and South Korea: a dynamic relationship
다음글42권 2호 Institutional rules for framing healthcare policy issues in national, financial, and specialized newspapers